Download the Aged Ministers Assistance Flyer (PDF) with more information and an opportunity to give.
Aged Ministers Appreciation Sundays
May 28, 2017 and November 12, 2017
There are two “official” AMA Sundays each year, in May and November. But you can celebrate the Aged Ministers in your church any day of the year. The following are suggested ways to celebrate the senior ministers and evangelists in your church:
- Recognize all ministers and evangelists over the age of 65 in your service.
- Give the senior minister flowers or a gift and recognize them by name with years served and places served.
- For evangelists, note the possible number of states and or countries they have traveled throughout their ministries in your recognition of “years served and places served.
- Give them a card from the church, signed by the church leadership.
- Include a “thank you” in the church program, listing their names.
- Invite a senior minister to speak in the service.
- Invite a senior minister to give his/her testimony.
- Ask someone to testify who was influenced by a senior minister from the church.
- Make a PowerPoint presentation of pictures of churches or countries where the senior minister served.
- Sing their favorite hymns in the worship service.
- Invite them to a special luncheon on Aged Ministers Appreciation Sunday.
- Ensure that their spouses are also recognized for their years of support and ministry.
- Invite the children, grandchildren, and/or great grandchildren of the senior minister to help you celebrate Aged Ministers Appreciation Day.
- Make a contribution to AMA in honor or memory of your favorite Senior Minister or Evangelist, or all Senior Ministers and Evangelists.
- Encourage any senior minister in your congregation who needs help with emergency or monthly expenses (food or housing) to contact AMA if he/she is not already receiving assistance from AMA.
For information, call the AMA office — 417-862-2781, ext. 2184 or email at email@example.com.